Summary



In my opinion, the purpose of practicum is to prepare myself as a student-teacher that will be a real teacher in the future. So I learned much about how to be a good teacher, how to understand the students and the important is how to make the students understand the materials. Before joining this program, I was selected by using selection from my major and university. So, since my arrival in Thailand I meet my new friends from different universities and every day we go to the school to teach but before that, I always observe the class, so I know the student characteristics, know how teachers teach in Thailand.

And then I can make my own lesson plan and give it to my mentor before teaching so she gave me feedback if there are any mistakes on my lesson plan. I joined / saw any activities in the school. So far, I am able to join all the procedures of this practicum even from the school, SEAMEO and my mentor and I think all procedures in this program are good and should be continued.

The outcome in the practicum 2 is I’ve learn about how the system in Thailand, the students in Thailand and the teacher also living in Thai people environment. And I’m able to explain Indonesia for my student, it is really kind of pleasure and proud for me to be part of this program to have a chance to teach in Thailand that I never imagine before. It was really exciting, challenging and unforgettable experience. 

The challenges of this practicum are about communication. Some students cannot speak English. So, I try to find some thai subtitle for them. So they can understand the material. I also learn some words in thai language.

I am very amazed when I was in Damrongratsongkroh School. Students are very discipline and very respect to the teachers. They always greet teachers when they met teachers. They also always sing the National anthem and pray together before class started. The teachers in this school also very nice to me.

The suggestion for my future improvement, maybe we can have the information about the school and the grade that we will teach, so we can prepare it. The coordinators and SEAMEO also have to give the brief explanation before about this program. The suggestions for myself I should improve how to assertions as a teacher, an authority figure or an expert to excuse confidence into the learning environment.

Komentar